The Arx instrument is a hand-held Raman spectrometer which can be used without formal training in spectroscopy to obtain chemical identity of substances as well as verify the quality of known substances in order to be able to make immediate action decisions in the field. The Arx is a standalone instrument that operates without need for other components.
Serstech Arx is built on a modern software platform, putting usability and algorithms in focus. The brand new graphical user interface is easy to navigate and new feature such as the Quick Access to make it possible to get precise results, faster. Serstech Arx is lighter and smaller compared to other models on the market and yet – even more powerful. Serstech Arx lets users get focused on what is important and take decisions based on reliable measurement results – wherever they are.
However, generating measurement reports, user management and management of user defined libraries is performed using the PC software Chemdash. The use of the Chemdash software requires basic PC knowledge. Laser training is needed for all users since the instrument includes class 3B invisible laser.
The new algorithms are powerful when making fast and precise identifications, especially when it comes to complex mixes of substances. The results are presented in a simple way, making it possible for almost anyone to interpret and use when taking decisions.
New user interface
No consumables, no maintenance cost
Create libraries and add your own substances
Quick and Easy
Includes military and civilian explosives, IEDs, precursors and oxidants.
Narcotic and psychotropic substances from the UN Yellow and Green lists, including precursors
Contains more than 2200 TICs (Toxic Industrial Chemicals) and other toxic or hazardous materials.
Chemical Warfare Agents.
Blister, blood, nerve and choking agents, and their precursors.
Tailormade library developed for and together with pharmaceutical companies.
- Instrument type
- Handheld Raman spectrometer
- Laser excitation wavelength
- Laser output power
- 3 levels, max 300mW
- Max spectral range
- 400 cm-1 to 2 300 cm-1
- Serstech SharpEyeTM technology (0-4mm)
- Spectral resolution
- 8-10 cm-1
- Detector type
- Linear CCD Array
- 3.5” Transflective TFT with LED backlight
- 100 000 measurements (16 GB)
- Data formats
- .txt, .csv, .jcamp
- USB C, Wi-Fi
- Rechargeable - more than 8 hours of typical use
- Included accessories
- Vial holder, 90° angle adapter, watertight case, protective cap with calibration target, sample vials, USB C cable, AC Adapter 5 VDC/1 A USB for Charging
- Optional accessories
- SERS kit to identify e.g. heroin and low concetration samples
- Start-up time
- Less than 20 sec. in room temperature
- Scan time
- Most substances less than 10 sec
- Auto-exposure or manual exposure, 0.001 – 60 seconds.
- 590 g (1.3 lb)
- 149 mm x 83 mm x 28 mm (5.9 x 3.3 x 1.1”)
- Operating temperature
- -20°C to +50°C (-4°F to 122°F)
- Storage temperature
- -30°C to +50°C (-22°F to 122°F)
- Delay function
- Yes, 1 second to 15 minutes.
- Additional features
- User authorization, event logging, scan time delay, userdefined libraries, user-added substances.
- Libraries provided
- Explosives, incl. precursors; Narcotics incl. cutting agents, masking agents & precursors; Chemical Warfare Agents, incl. simu-lants; Hazardous materials, incl. toxic industrial chemicals; Pharmaceuticals with a wide range of active pharmaceutical ingredients. Total number of substances is more than 14 000.
- 1 year. Additional warranty optional.
- 50 000 h
- Relative humidity
- CE, IEC 60529 IP67, MIL-STD-810G 514.6 (vibration), MIL-STD-810G 516.6 (functional shock), Title 21 CFR Part 11 compliant (Instrument and ChemDash)
- Supported languages
- Chinese, Danish, English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish.
- Software incuded
- ChemDash 2 Lite
- Type of substances
- Solid, liquids, powders and tablets.
- Mixture analysis
Serstech Arx, Intro