The HazMatID Elite is a next-generation handheld unknown solid and liquid chemical identifier that combines high performance with simplicity and performs an analysis in 1 minute or less. Using Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy, HazMatID Elite is capable of identifying chemical warfare agents, explosives, toxic industrial chemicals, narcotics, suspicious powders, among other dangerous chemical classes.
Handheld FTIR Chemical Identifier
HazMatID Elite is hand-held solid and liquid chemical identifier manufactured by US-based company Smiths Detection. It is the only explosive, chemical warfare agents (CWAs), toxic industrials and drugs identifier complying with the stringent military standards for operation in harsh conditions. HazMatID Elite can identify chemical warfare agents, explosives, pesticides, toxic industrial chemicals (TIC), drugs, suspicious powders and other hazardous chemical agents.
The identifier uses FTIR spectroscopy and innovative sampling techniques for authentic determination of suspicious powders, as well as for direct surface contaminant analysis and robotics integration. HazMatID Elite can perform an analysis in less than one minute. HazMatID Elite features a large display screen, large keypad controls and an intuitive software work-flow design. The 4.3in internally-bonded LCD color display offers a high viewing angle and visibility in direct sunlight. The individually-lit keypad allows the users to enter commands. The on-screen instructional graphics make the operations of the device user-friendly.
Optimized for easy operation in personal protective gear
MIL-STD-810G certified for use in harsh conditions and high temperature operation
Integrated pressure device for analysis of solid materials, plus direct touch-to-sample capability
Automated analysis of mixtures with available priority alerting for explosives, CWAs, TICs, and narcotics
Embedded Wireless Data Transmission
HazMatID Elite uses FTIR spectroscopy and innovative sampling techniques for accurate determination of suspicious powders, as well as for direct surface contaminant analysis and robotics integration. HazMatID Elite can perform an analysis in less than one minute.
HazMatID Elite features a large display screen, large keypad controls and an intuitive software work-flow design. The 4.3in internally-bonded LCD color display offers a high viewing angle and visibility in direct sunlight. The individually-lit keypad allows the users to enter commands. The on-screen instructional graphics make the operations of the device user-friendly.
HazMatID Elite is provided with a GPS and embedded radio frequency (RF) wireless transmission for command and control, as well as line-of-sight data transfer up to a one kilometre range. Certified as FIPS 140-2 compliant, the RF modem also ensures the rapid transmission of data out of the hotzone to ReachBackID support services.
- Fourier-Transform Infrared Spectroscopy
- 26.9 x 14.3 x 7.9 (10 5/8 x 5 5/8 x 3 1/8 in)
- 2.29 kg (5.05 lbs.)
- Sample interface
- Diamond ATR sensor with integrated solid press and liquids well
- Second, touch-to-sample diamond ATR sensor for direct sampling
- Operational ranges
- Operational in extreme weather and temperatures ranging from -20°C to 50°C (-4°F to 122°F). Humidity ranging from 0-100%
- External data storage
- Full USB support
- User interface
- 4.3 inches internally-bonded LCD color display for high visibility in direct sunlight conditions. Individually-lit keypad and instructional graphics guide users through the operation of the device
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery for 4 hours operation
- Disposable 123A battery compatible
- External IP-67 rated connector for mains or automobile power
- Embedded RF modem for 1 km line-of-sight data transfer
- FIPS 140-2 compliant encryption
- GPS included
- 10,000 spectra of chemical warfare agents, explosives, narcotics, TICs, pesticides, white powder, and other chemical classes. User-defined libraries transferable from the HazMatID
- Command PC software
- Advanced software package for data management and spectral reprocessing against upgraded databases (up to 35,000 spectra)
- RF repeater for extending the wireless data transfer range
- Olive drab or yellow
- ATR/FTIR surface sampling accessory for decon verification, explosives analysis and hazardous materials assessment
Smiths Detection HazMatID Elite Product Demonstration
A Quick Guide to the Smiths Detection HazMatID Elite