The IONSCAN 600 is a highly sensitive and intuitive trace detector, in a lightweight portable desktop configuration. Building on the highly successful IONSCAN family reputation, this latest-generation unit allows users to accurately detect and identify a wide range of military, commercial and homemade explosives threats and common illegal and controlled narcotics, including highly potent fentanyls, opioids, and synthetic cannabinoids (spice) that are rapidly spreading across the world.
The IONSCAN 600 improves screening capabilities by delivering ease-of-use, flexibility and cost advantages for trace detection applications. The IONSCAN 600 ensure optimum product performance, and delivers reliable, trustworthy performance consistent with high quality Smiths Detection solutions.
The IONSCAN 600 has a proprietary non-radioactive ion mobility spectrometry (IMS) source, which means licensing from national nuclear regulatory agencies is not required. This allows the detector to be used without time-consuming radiation testing and administration, and enables easy license-free transport from location to location.
The IONSCAN 600 is unique in working with cost-effective, single-use swabs suitable for both manual and wand sampling. These proprietary swabs are designed for efficient trace particle pick-up, reduce contamination risk and offer the most hygienic method for sampling a person’s hands.
The compact, lightweight IONSCAN 600 is easily portable; it includes hot-swappable batteries for full operation even when mains power is not available. The unit can be relocated whilst fully operational (without any downtime) enabling it to be used in a much broader range of screening environments.
- Detects explosives and narcotics .
- Non-Radioactive IMS source.
- Small, lightweight and portable.
- Fully operational on hot swappable batteries.
- Easy-to-use interface requires minimum training.
- Low cost of ownership including consumables.
- Single-use cost effective manual swabs.
- Meets ECAC/EU explosives detection standard for cargo and passenger screening, and certified by CAAC for aviation screening with explosives/narcotics.
- Detector type
- Non-radioactive IMS source
- Trace particle sampling using cost-effective hygienic single-use swabs with either manual or wand collection
- Automatic internal self-calibration
- Alarm method
- Substance visual identification with configurable audio alarm
- Cost effective single-use swabs, verification pen
- Ethernet, 4 USB 2.0 (standard, 2 front/2 back)
- Non-printer version: 23.8lbs (10.8kg); Integrated printer version: 25.3lbs (11.5kg)
- 1 hour full operation, hot swappable for extended operating time
- Analysis time
- From 6.5 seconds up to max 10 seconds
- Warm-up time
- Less than 10 minutes
- Data display
- 9” or 10” (depends on variant) high-resolution, anti-reflective, color touch screen
- Dimensions (W x D x H)
- Non-printer version:14.6 x 11.8 x 12.9in (372 x 300 x 327mm) Integrated printer version: 14.6 x 15.4 x 14.8in (372 x 393 x 375mm)
- Operating temperature
- 14 to 122°F (-10 to +50°C)
- Operating altitude
- Up to 10,000ft (3048m)
- Operating humidity
- 0 to 95% non-condensing
- Explosives detection
- Military, commercial and HMEs including RDX, TNT, PETN, NG, AN, UN, HMTD, TATP, EGDN, Tetryl, HMX, and others
- Narcotics detection
- Common illegal and controlled narcotics, including fentanyls, opioids, spice, heroin, cocaine, ketamine, MDMA, LSD, GHB, THC and others
- Storage capacity
- 250,000 samples
- Integrated printer (option at time of order only) or external USB printer
- 100-240V AC, 50-60Hz
- No hazardous parts and tamper-proof casing