The Thermo Scientific RIIDEye series is an advanced and intuitive isotopic identifier. The patented QCC technology provides real time gamma source identification and improved quality of isotopic IDs. Continuous handheld operation is made comfortable by virtue of a design that is weight balanced at the mid-point of the handle.
Handheld Radiation Isotope Identifier
Whether you are evaluating water or soil sample or searching for materials that could make a dirty bomb, it’s critical to know the exact isotope of the radioactive material in order to assess the potential threat and quickly initiate a plan of action. The Thermo Scientific RIIDEye X and RIIDEye M Handheld Radioisotope Identifiers, with patented Quadratic Compression Conversion (QCC) technology, are well suited to support users from homeland security operations to contamination monitoring and remediation, with the industry’s fastest, most accurate and easy to use RIID.
With an intuitive interface and simple button design the RIIDEye can easily be used by personnel with little experience in radiation measurement. Operation of the RIIDEye is intuitive and its features are easy to learn. For example, obvious identifications are already displayed as color coded energy peaks in real time - while taking a spectrum – resulting in significant time savings, important for measurement scenarios.
Color Coded Peaks: In order to quickly alert the user to the presence of either benign or threat radioactive material, the RIID-Eye offers identification “at a glance” with the use of color coded isotopic regions. This is a valuable tool for any application where quick, preliminary threat determinations are critical to the mission.
Superior performance for ID of low activities
Patented QCC algorithm enables faster and more accurate ID’s
Color coded peaks provide more source data during and after completion of ID
Continuous gain stabilization with natural potassium enables accurate results in changing environment
Two hand operation for more remote detector use while display and controls are still at hand
Weight balanced at mid point of handle
While taking a gamma spectrum the RIDEye can be complemented with the gamma neutron pager RadEye GN for the highest detection performance for both fast and moderated neutrons.
Easy to use
With an intuitive interface and simple button design the RIIDEye can easily be used by personnel with little experience in radiation measurement.
Color Coded Peaks
In order to quickly alert the user to the presence of either benign or threat radioactive material, the RIID-Eye offers identification “at a glance” with the use of color coded isotopic regions.
- Standard 2” x 2” NaI Scintillator, 1.5” x 1.5” LaBr and 3” x 3” and larger NaI are available
- Energy Range
- 20 keV to 3 MeV
- 320 x 240 high brightness 32000-color 3.5 inch LCD
- Ethernet and removable memory card
- Battery Life
- 8 hours nominal with standard battery pack
- 1.4 kg (3 lbs) with 2” x 2” NaI detector
- Dimensions (with 2" x 2" Nal)
- 32 cm x 25 cm x 15 cm (12.6 inch x 9.8 inch x 5.8 inch)
- -20 °C to 50 °C (-4 °F to 122 °F)
- Well spaced 7-key pad for simple menu use with protective gloves
- Audio and visual on screen
- Continuous with natural potassium requiring no periodic source replacement or licensing
- Standard ANSI, medical, industrial, SNM or user defined
- Neutron Detector
- Optional dual scintillator with imbedded Lithium (NaI detectors only)
- Isotope identification, spectral analysis, dose rate meter, source locator
Thermo Scientific - RIIDEye X Series
Thermo Fisher Scientific RIIDEye Demonstration